Banking and Finance practice covers various regulations such as financing, banking regulation, debt restructuring, acquisitions and mergers, asset securitization, risk management, bankruptcy and recovery proceedings, security creation and enforcement and consumer banking.
This involves extensive knowledge of the Indian finance market and its legal framework, and to this effect our team has acquired depth and breadth of expertise in banking finance and insurance laws, so as to understand each client’s unique needs and provide tailored solutions within the contours the fast-changing legal and regulatory framework.
We advise on all legal aspects of Banking finance and insurance, including-
- Secured loan transactions
- Securitization of loans, mortgages, hire purchase, and leases
- Structured finance products, Debt restructuring
- Bankruptcy and recovery proceedings and security enforcement, both contentious and non-contentious. This includes providing services for the matters to be filed before the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- Acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and equity investments
- Assist in negotiation and finalization of documents.
- Advises on all types of regulatory issues relating to financial business activities, customer dealings and drafting all types of related contractual documents.
- Handling of customer complaints and filing consumer complaints against bank.
The insurance Sector in India is protected by Ministry of finance and is regulated by Insurance Regulatory and development authority(IRDA).
Our intellectual rigour and focused and pragamatic approach helps us to provide effective and efficient solutions to our clientele on all the Life Insurance and non life-insurance related issues.
Our insurance lawyers have further acquired considerable expertise to advice client on-
- Investment structuring and restructuring in accordance to the insurance regulatory framework
- Conducting requisite legal due diligence
- Drafting of various transaction documents
- Commercial dispute resolution
- Claims and compensation under various laws and regulations provided under statutory provisions such as The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, The Insurance Rules, 1939, The Redressal of Public Grievances Rules, 1998, The Insurance Laws (Amendment) Act, 2015, et al.